Explaining The 7v7 Build Out Line
A build-up line will be implemented for all CPL matches in the U8 to U10 age groups. The build-up, or retreat, line should be midway between the top of the penalty area and the halfway line.
PUNTING & DROP KICKS ARE NOT ALLOWED (these are allowed at 9v9)
* IF THERE IS NOT A BUILD OUT LINE PRESENT, PLAYERS WILL RETREAT TO MIDFIELD WHEN THE GK HAS POSSESSION.
1. All opposing players must retreat behind the build-up line on goal kicks or when the goal keeper has the ball in their hands following a save.
2. Once all opposing players have retreated behind the build-up line the Goalkeeper may then distribute the ball to his or her teammates.
3. Once the goalkeeper distributes the ball the opposing team may cross the build-up line to defend.
4. Restart on any infraction of this rule will be an Indirect Free Kick from the spot where the opponent illegally crossed the build-up line
5. A player will not be deemed in an offside position until they cross the BUILD OUT LINE to place themselves between that line and the goal line.